Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hello & Welcome

So I've been wanting to start a blog forever but just never sat down to do it.  Much thought however has gone into the idea behind our blog. I'll start by explaining our name.  David and I have had many discussions about how Miller is such a common last name.  If we ever drop off dry cleaning, pictures, whatever there are about a thousand David Millers and several hundred Katie Millers registered at whatever given place our name is on file.  However we have a ton of things monogrammed or things that just have an "M" on them representing our current last name. So we decided if we could pick a new last name, we should definitely stay in the "M" family.  That way nothing goes to waste :) Finally after tossing around many options and much heated debate we landed on the McCools.  Well lets me honest it was one of the first things that flew out of David Miller's mouth and I died laughing... so we stuck with it.  Yes I realize it's technically an Mc name but whatever it's close enough.

So after deciding our new name we had to come up with a "family motto" about our name.  Our two front runners are
"The McCools because we're not"  or "We're the McCools... because it sounds cool"  So let me know your thoughts on which one you like better.  Yep this is pretty much how conversations around our house go a lot of the time.  Pointless and hypothetical conversations about our lives.

For those who don't know me well I have two boys Kircher and Lawson and we love them like crazy.  I get a kick out of acting stupid and embarrassing people because my dad (and lets be honest mom, Ang, too) pretty much made me embarrass proof by age 2.  I love to have fun, I love love love to sing, and my mom says I'm dramatic :)  NO IDEA why!  We are living right outside of Jackson, MS right now because my husband had this crazy dream to go back to residency after being out of dental school for 6 years.  And me, pretty much because I'm awesome, agreed to support him.

Seriously though it was a total God thing and we got to experience the power of His complete control as he has moved us from one place to another on this crazy journey.  David and I  have had to learn to depend wholly on Him and one another which has been ridiculously hard at times, but such a wonderful thing for a marriage.  While it's been such a time of growth we can't wait to get back to Oklahoma for good and love us some family time. :) 2 years and 7.5 months... not that I'm counting :)

I plan to blog about life at home with a 3 year old and an infant. Stay tuned I'm sure things will get interesting! :)

1 comment: